This edition places Hemans in direct contention with Byron over belief in an afterlife. Includes letters, reviews, poems...
Table of Contents
- About the Contributors
- "Introduction: Passion in a Barren Field"
- Elizabeth Fay, University of Massachusetts, Boston
- "Thinking about the Other in Romantic Love"
- Adela Pinch, University of Michigan
- "Hemans, Heber, and Superstition and Revelation"
- Nanora Sweet, University of Missouri-St. Louis
- "Passion and Romantic Poetics"
- Jeffrey C. Robinson, University of Colorado at Boulder
- "Romantic Anger and Byron's Curse"
- Andrew M. Stauffer, University of Virginia
- "Re-collecting Spontaneous Overflows: Romantic Passions, the Sublime, and Mesmerism"
- Charles J. Rzepka, Boston University
Published @ RC