This special issue explores the notion that many of the forms, ideas, and practices inaugurated or exemplified in the Romantic period continue to shape and drive our contemporary discourses. Literary critics, cultural and political theorists, and...
Table of Contents
- About this Volume
- "Introduction: Romanticism and Conspiracy"
- Orrin N.C. Wang, University of Maryland at College Park
- "William Cobbett and the Politics of System"
- Kevin Gilmartin, California Institute of Technology
- "Paranoid Politics: Shelley and the Quarterly Review"
- Kim Wheatley, College of William and Mary
- "Periodical Indigestion: Hazlitt's Unpalatable Politics"
- Charles Mahoney, University of Connecticutt, Storrs
- "Bringing About the Past: Prophetic Memory in Kant, Godwin, and Blake"
- Thomas Pfau, Duke University
Published @ RC