Ann Flaxman's An Uninteresting Detail of a Journey to Rome tells the story of a female Grand Tour, something quite rare, and of an extended artist's visit to Italy, something quite common. In 1787 Flaxman set out for France and Italy with...
Table of Contents
- About this Volume
- "The Last Formalist, or W. J. T. Mitchell as Romantic Dinosaur"
- An Interview
- "The Romantic Education of W. J. T. Mitchell (without Gloss)"
- W. J. T. Mitchell, University of Chicago
- "The Sorrows of Young Wieboldt: A Gloss "
- Orrin N. C. Wang, University of Maryland at College Park
Published @ RC