Romantic Circles attracts over 2 million page views each year from users in over 190 countries around the world.
Among various forms of honors and recognition, Romantic Circles was selected in 1997 by the NEH, the MCI Foundation, and the Council for Great City Schools as one of the 21 best sites on the Internet for education in the humanities and has been participating since then in the EdSITEment program. It has also been the recipient of a major education development grant from the NEH. In February 2006, the ongoing Poets on Poets series was made a featured site on the prominent Poetry Foundation Web site. More recently, in 2010 The United States Library of Congress selected Romantic Circles for inclusion in its historic collections of Internet materials.
The site is home to several different publications and resource hubs:
- “Praxis Series” features peer-reviewed volumes of literary criticism.
- “Digital Editions” features new volumes of edited Romantic-era texts along with commentary and annotation by leading contemporary scholars in the field.
- “RC Unbound” is a periodical public-facing publication; each issue features a sheaf of fugitive posts on urgent issues and events.
- “Pedagogies” contains resources for teachers including a database of online syllabi and teaching editions.
- “The Gallery” features a curated collection of Romantic-era images.
- “Reviews & Resources” includes book reviews, book lists, timelines, and an index of authors.
- “RC Lab” contains experimental digital humanities projects that engage with contemporary and popular culture.
This project is fully funded by the University of Colorado, Boulder.